Sunday, October 24, 2010

Repairs

2 new gear cables, 1 new tube, and a chain link.  Those are the bike parts we have gone through so far.

Each of us snapped a gear cable.  We haven't had any new flats but I had a flat just before we left Vancouver.  I tried patching it twice but it continued to leak slowly so we finally put in a new tube.

My chain broke just as we were rolling into Honey Bear RV park to stay for the evening.  I tried repairing the broken link but it was bent badly.  Luckily Helen had also stopped at the same campground and she had a spare quick link that she let me use.

My 12 year old camp stove was also having issues.  But we found a store selling a repair kit and after replacing a few parts it seems to back to normal.

The good news is that we have been able to make all these repairs ourselves.

IMGP5587.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment